Wednesday 1 July 2015

"My first few days at Absolute Dental have been amazing!"

This week we have two lovely work experience students here with us at Absolute. India is just here for the week, but Elliott is here for the whole summer - here is how he has found his first few days with us:

"My first few days at Absolute Dental have been amazing! The staff here are lovely and have made me feel so welcome, I feel like I have been working here for ages and it’s only my first week. The best thing for me to witness this week has been how well Maureen (who I have been nursing for) deals with and speaks to patients because she is fantastic with them and is a great clinician too. If I can deal with patients half as well when I qualify then I will be very happy.

From the get go I have learnt how efficient a dental practice needs to be in order to function properly, whether it be time keeping or ensuring there have been enough instruments sterilised and ready for use for the upcoming appointments. It’s amazing to see how well the 3 treatment rooms run in co-ordination especially as a patient could see multiple clinicians in one appointment. Also I have realised the care, time and effort that the professionals here put into their work and it is amazing to see it come together in a practice. My goal in the future is to own my own practice and I would love it to be similar to this one." Elliott Pound, second year dental student at Peninsula Dental School, Plymouth

No comments:

Post a Comment