Tuesday 29 December 2015

Thoughts of the 12 months gone by - Ruth, Absolute Dental

Twelve months ago I wrote down some thoughts on how I wanted to travel through the year. As 2015 draws to a close its good to take a little time to reflect and be thankful for another 365 days gone by.

We may ask ourselves if we stayed on track? Were goals reached? Did we take opportunities? Did we set ourselves challenges? And hopefully answer 'yes' to these things.

A challenge for me this year (and at times an obsession) has been Sea Swimming. Week by week and month by month and in all seasons I have dipped in the salty water as a way to clear my mind.

The challenge is definitely a mental one.Wearing Speedo swimsuit only (aka skin swimming) at times it can feel like a meditative experience to be enveloped in that chilly water. Sometimes so cold the sensation can feel like burning. Always it leaves me invigorated, ready to face my "other" challenges and feeling fortunate to be able to do it and in a such a beautiful place. With senses heightened I really hear and see all things around me.


Last week I reached my goal of 100 swims.

Ruthie x

No comments:

Post a Comment