Wednesday 29 April 2009



Absolute Success




When I look back I would never have seen myself as a dental nurse, as like a lot of people in this world I was fairly nervous of going to the dentist and to consider being in such an environment for 8 hours 5 day's a week would have filled me with horror!
However when I was "head hunted" and given the opportunity to start a completely new career I jumped at the chance.

I had being previously been stuck in a job and this was just the push I needed to do something different and get my mind working again.

When I had my interview with Emma she really put me through my paces, at Absolute Dental we pride ourselves on giving great customer service, so when Emma experienced, my gentle , caring nature she couldn't help but offer me the job!

I was excited and daunted by the fact I was doing something completely different, but I knew as soon as I met my new team I would get a huge amount of help and support to change me from a cheese cutter to a knowledgeable Dental nurse!


I started revision for the National Certificate in Dental Nursing in September 2007, I received encouragement from everyone, including time out of the practice for revision!

I eventually took my exam in May 2008 and a of hard work, tears and hours of revision I passed! My reward- a beautiful set of GHD hair straighteners! My hair has never been so shiny and straight.
This month I register with the General Dental Council and received my certificate.
Not only am I now able to put RDN after my name, but I now feel more confident, happier and healthier as I no longer eat loads of cheese!

I can truly say that without the support and help from everyone at Absolute Dental I could not have done it.
In the last 2 years I have learnt so much, had a lot of fun and made some great friends along the way and to top it all of I have change my outlook on life .
My next challenge allow with Rhod, Emma and Fliss is to run the Great South Run..............
Now that is reason to celebrate!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment