Thursday 6 August 2009




Training is a two way process

I spent last week runing a bespoke training course for a practice manager new to the role. A few days after her departure I received the following testamonial from her

I had been a practice manager for nearly a year and found myself struggling with the business side of running the practice and also needed a little help with some staffing problems. Emma John at Absolute Dental was recommended to me, through a work colleague, as she has an excellent team and amazing practice down in Devon.

Before my trip to Devon, Emma emailed and called me to find out exactly what I was struggling with and set our week based on things I needed help with, which was great as some courses go over things that may not be relevant.

On arriving at Absolute Dental I had a lovely greeting from all the team, smiles all around, and a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Emma had planned out each day so I could gain as much as I could from my time with her. Not only did Emma explain how to implement things within my practice she even gave me copies of letters, spreadsheets, information leaflets etc to help me work from when I got back to my practice.

Emma's knowledge and personality is very inspiring and she has helped me out greatly with introducing me to ideas and systems that will benefit my practice.
Not only did I learn a lot from Emma but the whole of her team, Felicity and Diane assisted with some elements of my training, both girls again are an asset to Absolute Dental and I’m sure have an excellent career ahead of them.

I would like to thank everyone within Absolute Dental for an amazing eye opening week.

The best course I have been on without a doubt.

Cheryl Burnall, Dental Health Care, Hertford, Herts


What Cheryl will not know is that we "trainers" also learn and benefit from the time we spend with some very unique individuals working within the dental profession

Cheryl has bundles of enthusiasm and worked around the clock with the tasks I set her, I hope she will be able to maintain this enthusiasm when she meets with inevitable hurdles along the way.

I believe in order to both teach and learn you have to listen and be empathetic, how else can you assist each other through a situation,task or scenario. Cheryl was a great listener and was keen to absorb all I could offer.

Cheryl reminded me of myself many years ago, frequently wanting to run before I could walk but having a very clear idea of where I was going. Reflecting on yourself can sometimes be very rewarding, looking back how far you have come.

It also reminded me not to forget about the people that support you along the way whether it be family, team members, advisors, coaches. I am lucky to have the best in all of the afore mentioned list

No comments:

Post a Comment