Thursday 9 July 2009




Absolute Success!


I passed!

After 6 months of hard work and study, I got my results through saying I had passed the National Certificate for Dental Nurses.

Having sat a 2hour written exam paper which included Multiple choice, short answer questions, Diagrams, Charting & 3 Essays,Then talked for 13 minutes (much harder then you think, when 3 strangers are staring at you and making lots of notes!) mixed a cement that I have never seen before and a spotter test where I had to identify 20 instruments in 4 minutes and all in just one day!
It is an understatement to say I am relieved to not have to go through it all again, but I will miss my sessions of Nerve Supply Bingo with Di!

Now I am able to register with the General Dental Council and become a fully fledged Registered Dental Nurse! Being more confident, able and up to date with knowledge, it will not only benefit myself, but the Dentists I work with, other staff members at the practice and our patients.

The exam is designed to asses my depth of knowledge and understanding- I have proved that I have both!

I'm looking forward to the next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment