Monday 14 June 2010

Sunday was a wonderful day! Rachel and I travelled down to the Eden Project near St Austell to take part in one of this years Cancer Research's Race For Life. This was my 5th Race for Life, but it was Rachel's first one, and I think we'd both agree that it is an amazing experience. There were over 1300 women taking part at this particular "race", all determined to run walk or jog to raise money & awareness for this very worthy cause. Rachel & I decided to run the 5k course, and we did it!! Not only did we tackle all the hills that they threw at us (and there were several!!), but we even coped with running through the Sub-Tropical Biome (which is like running through a rain forest, complete with branches at head height!!). It always feels amazing when you achieve a goal you set yourself. I don't find running easy, but with determination, and the right people around you (thanks Rach!), it's amazing what you can achieve.

Di

No comments:

Post a Comment