Tuesday 1 June 2010


Race for Life 2010
Race for life, says it all in the title, racing to help someone’s life. It’s an amazing event for Cancer Research UK to help beat cancer.
For those people who have never been part of a charity fund raising event like the Race for Life, with all those hundreds of people all walking, running for a cause that is going to help or make someone’s life happier, will know it’s the most incredibly amazing feeling to have.
After doing the Great South run in October 2009 I knew during the 10 mile stretch that I wanted to be part of this amazing team again!!
Some people may think I am mad, but to have that feeling when looking around at the hundreds of people gathered running for loved one’s memories, I can truly say that I will never forget that day!
I jumped at the chance of running the Race for Life at the Eden project on 13th June 2010 along with one of my colleagues Di.
So many people have been touched by cancer, in some way; it’s a fact that 1 in 3 people will develop cancer at some point in our lifetime.
Cancer Research UK’s ambitious new plan is to spend £1.5 billion on research into beating cancer over the next 5 years.
With only 3 weeks to go, I have a mixture of emotions, excitement, nervousness and admiration…will keep you posted on how we got on!!


Written by Rachel Wotton RDN

No comments:

Post a Comment