Tuesday 25 May 2010


As you will all (hopefully!) be aware, we run a training course for student dental nurses from Absolute Dental that has been accredited by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN). I am the main tutor of the course and feel that I am well placed to know what it takes to succeed in the examination, having sat it myself in recent years and achieving a distinction. However, I always strive to be the very best at anything I set out to do, and I began to think; “How can I improve this course?”……and so I applied to the NEBDN to become an examiner for the National Certificate exam! I thought what an added string to our bow it would be to teach the course not only from a students’ perspective, but also from an examiners perspective, teaching exactly what the examiners are looking for. I truly believe it will enhance the course dramatically. So, I was thrilled to learn recently that my initial application has been successful, and subject to a weekend training in October and an interview with the Chairman of the NEBDN, I should hopefully be an official NEBDN examiner before the end of the year! I’m very proud and very excited to be considered, and as always will endeavour to perform my role to the very best of my abilities in the hope of producing a fine generation of exceptional dental nurses.

No comments:

Post a Comment