Wednesday 13 May 2009





I thought I would write a quick blog to let you all know how I got on at the Race For Life this weekend.
Before the event, despite a bucket-load of training, I was still apprehensive and wondering if body & mind would be strong enough! But, I am pleased to report that I ran the 5k course in 29 minutes and 30 seconds – a time I was very pleased with.
My training partner (husband Nick) and Badger (trusty Jack Russell terrier) came along to support me and were overwhelmed by the atmosphere on the day. I, myself, am still moved by the sight of 1800 women (and their various support groups!), mainly dressed in pink, wearing signs on their backs offering a very public display of their reasons for running/jogging/walking the Race For Life. I would strongly advise anyone who has not experienced this, or an event like this, do it at least once. It really is a very humbling experience. But I assure you, once you’ve tried it, you’ll be back for more!! This has been my experience, and now is also Nick’s experience too! We arrived home on Sunday afternoon and immediately both signed up to the Cancer Research Run 10k at Powderham Castle on September 6th 2009. We’ll both continue to train and with lots of support we’ll make it to race day and cross the finish line together. He’s a real inspiration to me and I look forward to sharing this experience with him. Unfortunately, no dogs are allowed at Powderham Castle, so Badger will have to sit this one out! If you would like to support us, our online sponsor form can be found at www.run10ksponsorme.org/diandnick

Challenges have come in all shapes and sizes this week! In addition to the Race for Life and signing up for the 10k, Emma & I have been asked to speak to the Plymouth area group of DCP’s in June in our capacity as trainers at Absolute Dental Training. This opportunity has arisen due to a recognition of little or no training facilities in our area for professionals complimentary to dentistry. We offer training courses that not only produce technically brilliant PCD, but with an emphasis on the importance of creating the right first impression in your role & identifying & developing hidden skills in key areas. With this in mind, our aim for the session in Plymouth is to increase awareness of the importance of creating a great first impression for ALL dental care professionals. More information about our other training courses at Absolute Dental Training can be found at http://www.absolute-dental.co.uk/absolute_training_home.htm

Di

1 comment:

  1. Running is a good test for your body as well as the best known exercises. I am now 38 but they say I look 27. I must've had this little younger looking age through jogging and running regularly. I've been doing it for over 4 years now.

    ReplyDelete