Tuesday 17 March 2015

My role as Implant Co-ordinator at Absolute Dental

Since qualifying as a dental nurse in 2006, my career has taken many exciting twists and turns and the role that I currently have covers the widest range of responsibilities I have ever had, which I love!

One of my roles at Absolute Dental is as Implant Co-Ordinator. This means that I am usually the first point of contact for patients who are thinking of having dental implant treatment, or for those who are  already on the road to achieving a the smile they want with the help of dental implants.

My nursing skills cover all aspects of the implant placement treatment and final restoration of the implant, but as this is a treatment that many enter into with some degree trepidation, my skills have to extend to above and beyond the clinical!

From being able to explain to a patient what they can expect from the treatment at each and every stage and how this can benefit them, to reassuring them that there are easy ways to finance the treatment, I believe that having someone who can walk you through every step of the treatment, is a great comfort to the patient.

We don't want anyone to feel that they cannot achieve a beautiful smile, and thankfully with the many advances in dentistry over the last 30 years, we really can help our patients achieve this. Being able to have treatment to replace a missing tooth or teeth in your own practice (without the need to refer patients to Plymouth or Exeter), by a familiar team who are dedicated to your overall well-being is an amazing thing to be able to offer patients, and I am proud to be part of this award-winning team.

Diane






No comments:

Post a Comment