Wednesday 10 December 2014

Making Choices - Our Future is in Our Hands

Having attended a thought proving workshop with the team from Absolute a couple of weeks ago, a couple of key points have stuck out in my mind;

Firstly, I need to take more responsibility for where I find myself in life by being more pro-active and less passive.

Secondly, if my future doesn't look like I want it to, the only one who can change this is me!

So often in life we have choices to make, and many people often find it hard to make decisions - inevitably we all have to make decisions all the time, some are more important than others.
 
Some people put off making decisions by endlessly searching for more information or getting other people to offer their recommendations.  Others resort to decision making by taking a vote, sticking a pin in a list or tossing a coin. Sometimes it is often easier to walk away rather than having to decide - but even that is a decision in itself.
 
So, I have realised that sitting back, thinking "what will be, will be" is no longer good enough for me. If I want to change something, decisions have to be made!
 
On a personal level, I have kicked this off with some hypnotherapy to help me with my fear of flying (about time as I have my first ever long haul flight booked for January 2015!!), and I can honestly say, that even making the decision to change something feels incredibly positive!
 
I wanted to share this with you all as I know many people find themselves in a similar situation, of wanting to change something or alter their path, but don't know where to begin. My advice would be to first of all decide to make that change - this is often the hardest part, but once this is done, momentum is gathered and the rest becomes slightly easier.
 
Whether its losing some weight, improving your smile, looking for a new house, learning to drive or simply reading that book that you've never got around to - stop waiting for everything to happen to you, and go out there and make it happen for you. 2015 could be a great year for you too.
 
Di
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment