Tuesday 8 July 2014

Absolute Dental Team taking part in St Lukes Hospice Midnight Walk


At 10pm on Saturday the 19th July 2014, myself and an all female team from Absolute Dental will be beginning our 15 mile walk around Plymouth, taking part in the Midnight Walk in aid of raising money for St Lukes Hospice

To ensure we are able to make the 15 miles, we have been training! Gradually building ourselves up to our 15mile target!  

The training is going really well! We have been on a number of 8-12 mile walks in and around Dartmoor, Salcombe, Kingsbridge and the South Hams.

Its a been a fab opportunity to get out with the girls in this glorious weather and explore the beautiful countryside... I have loved it! I had forgotten how much I enjoy going on nice long walk until now! There is nothing more fulfilling than heading off with great company, taking in some of the most fantastic views. It really makes you feel lucky to live in Devon.

Although the we are not going to see much in the dark on the night of the Midnight Walk, I am expecting the night to be as enjoyable as our training sessions have been so far! Although it is going to be a tiring, long night, the thought of who we are doing it for will keep us going! I am excited to experience the buzzing atmosphere, achieve my 15 mile goal with my team mates and supporting each other to the very end! Wish us luck - or even better, you can sponsor us at https://mnw2014.everydayhero.com/uk/diane-1 

No comments:

Post a Comment