Tuesday 24 June 2014

Wimbledon Whites

It's that time of year again. Wimbledon fortnight is here & one way or another, we will be keeping track of the game, whether it be glued to the TV screen, rummaging through the papers, or if you’re lucky enough, be at the All England Club soaking up the amazing atmosphere.
All our eyes are on the players, and to go along with their smart 'Daz' white tennis kit, they need to be sporting a squeaky clean smile which they can show off to the world! Notice I used the phase, squeaky clean as apposed to perfect, straight or blinding white? I thought this was more appropriate & I’ll explain why. Recently someone asked why Andy Murray has 'all this money' & hasn't yet had his teeth 'done'? Due to having a career in the dental industry, teeth tend to be the first thing I look at, but if I'm honest, Andy Murray's didn't stand out to me. I decided to look at a photo of him and try and find out why people feel Andy Murray should revamp his smile. Whilst looking into it, I found an article about a patient speaking to their dentist about Andy Murray’s teeth & this is what it said:
"I saw my dentist today. He plays tennis and is a tennis fan. He says Andy Murray's teeth appear perfectly normal. He says Murray's "canine" teeth are longer than the neighbouring teeth, which is normal. Many people do not have this, because they grind their teeth in their sleep and the canines get worn down. He says Murray looks like he is not a grinder, which could mean despite his court demeanour, he could actually be a relaxed person."
I thought this was great! People, including myself have a perception of what a beautiful, perfect smile is, due to what the media etc. say it is. People often forget that every smile is unique and adds character. In my opinion, as a person is happy with their smile and it is dentally healthy & well looked after, It can be the most beautiful smile for the individual.
I hope you enjoy the tennis & Andy Murray's winning (fingers crossed!!) smile.
 

 
 
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment