Tuesday 17 April 2012

Nurse training at Absolute working with a variety of teaching and learning styles

I am really enjoying my nurse training together with all my fellow trainees

Diane is using a variety of techniques to make the learning interesting and enjoyable.

One of these has been the introduction of each of us presenting to the rest of the course an appraisal of the previous weeks course content. The person is picked randomly from the hat so we never know who it might be.

Standing up talking in front of people is something I would not look forward to and would usually try and avoid, but in the second weeks lesson I managed to pull my own from out of the hat!

Diane made the whole experience fun, she gave me the confidence to share everything I had learnt in the previous week.

Now I look forward to finding out whose name it will be, and no longer dread my name being called.

Confidence is quality needed to be a great dental nurse and I can feel mine growing every week, Amber

Amber

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful experience to learn with the other trainees Amber
    They are there to share your problems and applaud your triumphs !!
    Your confidence will grow ....just as you say in your blog
    And then you can stand at the front of the class and SMILE just as you always do!
    Good luck with the rest of your training
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete