Thursday 9 December 2010

It's been 2 weeks since this country girl has returned from her adventure in the "Big Smoke" as an examiner for the National Certificate for Dental Nurses. My trip to London was interesting in so many ways. It was great to meet other dental professionals who are all involved in the training of dental nurses, these people are all passionate about their role in training, and I got a real sense that in coming together for the National Certificate we were all hoping to have successful encounters with the students which would in turn make us feel successful in our role as trainers.Despite not having as many successful encounters with the candidates as I had originally hoped at my particular examination centre, I still found the experience worthwhile. Most importantly I realised the importance of gaining feedback from my students after they have sat their exam - asking them "Did we prepare you enough for your exam?". It's a question that leaves us vulnerable to criticism - but I would rather know where our students felt the course was lacking. This is the same for our patients at Absolute Dental – we value their feedback and want to know where they feel our strengths and weaknesses lie, and encourage them to write about their experience at Absolute. We want our practice and our training programmes to be first class, and we will take advantage of all experiences and feedback available to us to ensure that it is.
Written by Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment