Wednesday 7 July 2010

The Big Day
In September of last year I started my training for my Dental Nurse qualification. I knew that my life for the next eight months would revolve around studying and hard dedication. I was willing and ready to give it all I had. I knew I needed to do everything I possibly could and put everything I had into giving this my best shot.
From the start Diane Cox (my tutor) had informed us she would do everything she could to help us in any way, giving us all the support and guidance we needed. I knew if I ever needed help with anything she was always there to talk to which was so reassuring for me, for this I am extremely grateful.
Looking back now I remember thinking May was so far in the future and that we all had so much time, but before I knew it the Big Day arrived (after a not so pleasant nights sleep, thanks to my nerves)
The journey to the examination centre went so fast, squeezing in some last minute revision, my heart was racing. On arrival at Plymouth University, I knew I just had to focus and remember everything that Di had taught us, along with all the hard work and time I had put into the last 8 months, I had to do my best for myself and all the team at Absolute.
When the last section of the exam had finished. I was so emotional, I had done it and I had done all I could. Now the waiting game is on until the results are posted mid July.
I just want to thanks everyone at Absolute for supporting me, and Di for all of her time, hard work and guidance, we wouldn’t have been able to do it without you.
Written by Lucy Wells – Trainee Dental Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment